I wasn’t actually tagged to do this but I really wanted to do it anyway.
1. What’s your favourite book?
I don’t have one favourite book. I love Prisoner of Azkaban by JK Rowling (that’s my favourite in the Harry Potter series). But I also have a few of Jodi Picoult’s as favourites. I can never pick just one book. It’s like picking a favourite movie, I can’t do it.
2. What are your goals? For the year? For your life?
Well, I want to find a new job for a start. Then I did want to study but I can’t get a loan right now because the government changed the law or something. I want to travel more. I want my blog to do better but I have no idea how to do that. I’m still teaching myself how to use it.
3. Are you a writer? If so tell me your work.
No, I’m not. I love to read but not write books.
4. If you could go to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’d love to go to Paris. I want to see the Eiffel Tower before I die. I want to go Vancouver because a lot of the TV shows I watch are filmed there and I’d love to see the sets and maybe see some of the cast too. England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Italy.
5. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema and was it worthwhile?
It was Transformers: Age of Extinction (oh so long ago). It was different to the other Transformers movies but it was still good. Plus, Mark Wahlberg <3.
6. I’m curious, are there any books that you’ve tried to read and simply couldn’t finish? This is a no judgement zone.
Yes, I recently got Above by Lisa Morley from the library and I was 70 pages in when I realised there was 300 more pages to go and this 16-year-old was kidnapped by a crazy person and she doesn’t escape for another 100+ pages. I could barely handle what happened to her while he had her in those pages but thinking about her with him for, what, 17 year? Trapped underground? No thanks. I’m not sure how often she tried to escape of it she did try but just reading 17 years of that and him.. I couldn’t do it. The stuff I saw flicking though it was driving me nuts.
7. Are you currently working on a new book/project right now? If it’s a secret, you don’t have to tell.
No, no projects right now.
8. If you could live in any of your favourite books which one would you choose?
Not even a hard choice. Harry Potter. I’d love to go to Hogwarts. Hogwarts is still home.
9. Are there any book to movie adaptations that you think are incredible? That you absolutely hated?
I loved The Perks of Being a Wallflower. The Hunger Games movies have been great. I wasn’t a big fan of Mockingjay (as a book) but Part One was so, so good. I cannot wait for the last one. Except I’m not looking forward to Finnick and Prim. I really liked The Fault in Our Stars even though it breaks my heart. An adaptation I hated? My Sister’s Keeper. They just ruined it. I watched it with a friend of mine and she’s sitting there bawling her eyes out and I’m just sitting there saying “wrong, it’s all wrong.”
10. What do you look for in a book you want to read? What captures your attention?
I see if it has good ratings or a lot of people I talk to have read it and like it. Other than that if I read the back of a book or look it up on goodreads and it sounds interesting I’ll give it a go. I’m not sure what captures my attention, I like all different kinds of books.
11. If you’re an author what do you do when you first get an idea for a book?
Not an author so can’t answer. I’m quite happy right now just being a reader.
12. How do you feel about different genres? Romance? YA? Sci-Fi? Poetry? Do you have any favourites? Any least favourites?
I read a lot of YA books. I love dystopian and fantasy. Paranormal too. Romance? I’m not sure. Some are good but then others are cheesy and drive me mental. I haven’t read the Stephanie Perkins books but I own them. I think I might read Anna and the French Kiss this month so we’ll see. YA, yes. Sci-Fi? I don’t think I’ve read any sci-fi.. Poetry, no. I won’t read any western books.
13. If you could meet any author in the world, dead or alive, who would it be?
Obviously JK Rowling. She’s been a huge part of my reading experience and I still love Harry. The books and the movies.
14. Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?
From the looks of my book cases it’s fiction. I don’t have a lot of non-fiction on my shelves but if the book seems interesting I’ll read it.
15. Are there any character that everyone loves that you can’t stand? Or vice versa?
Christian Gray. Ugh, just no. Travis from Beautiful Disaster. I wanted to punch him in the face while I was reading that horrible book. How women/girls think these characters are romantic and want to be with someone like them I don’t know. They make me so angry. I don’t know who I like that others don’t.
16. What do you like to do besides reading?
Watching my TV shows and movies. I love doing crafty stuff. I haven’t done any in a while though.
17. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
I’d be happy to just be remembered at all honestly.
18. What is your favourite guilty pleasure book?
I don’t know. I used to love the Twilight Saga but I haven’t read them in years so I don’t know if they still are.
19. Do you have a reading goal set for this year?
Yes I do. On goodreads it’s 90 books but I’m also doing the PopSugar reading challenge. It’s making me read a lot of books that I wouldn’t even think of reading otherwise.
20. Tell me something about yourself that hasn’t been asked. Random fact. Weird human trick. Whatever.
Hmm, this is hard. I did a course a couple of years ago so I could work in a kindy or daycare. In 2013 I was a nanny in Sydney for a year and that’s put me off working with them ever again.