I’m a little behind with this Love-A-Thon but better late than never I guess.
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started last January. I’d been reading books for years and started a Bookstagram where I talked to a lot of other book lovers. I thought it was about time I started reviewing books properly and not just on Goodreads.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
It just came to me. I was going to use the same as my Instagram name (@aimee_reads23) but that’s boring. Books are a big part of my life so – My Life in Books.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
I read a lot of everything but I think I read more fantasy. Not that I review fantasy a lot.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I do monthly hauls and wrap-ups. Sometimes I do tags. I have started to post Top Ten Tuesdays and WWW Wednesdays regularly now. Aside from those it’s mostly reviews.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
When I was first sent a book to review from a publisher and sent through the link. I never thought my little blog would allow me to review books for publishers but it’s been a really great experience and I’ve talked to so many nice people at the companies.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
Being able to talk about books and not have people sigh because all you’re talking about is books! There people here understand.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare,
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken,
Shiny Broken Pieces by Sona Charaipotra & Dhonielle Clayton,
Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton,
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
Winter by Marissa Meyer,
A Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray,
Black Widow Forever Red by Margaret Stohl,
The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan,
Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch.
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Spark by Rachael Craw. I don’t think these books are available in America yet, I’m not sure, but I really like them.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
I’ve always loved Hermione Granger and Alice Cullen.
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Hmm, this is always a difficult one because there are SO MANY! Right now I love Maxon from The Selection Series but that could change. Probably will.
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
The Avengers – so easy! Thor, Cap, Natasha, Hawkeye and Bruce.
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
I like to do craft but haven’t done anything in months. I’m addicted to TV shows and movies.
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Pop Vinyls, food, mugs (I have a huge mug collection), DVDs.
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
I don’t really have “a song.” Right now I like Taylor Swift, Adele, One Direction, Charlie Puth (I don’t think that’s right) and some Justin Bieber songs.
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I loved Starcrossed and it was cancelled so that would be awesome if it was made into a book.
19. What would your dream library look like?
Just a room full of books with comfy chairs to read in, a fire for the winter and lost of blankets.
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Just one? J.K. Rowling.