This weeks Top Ten Tuesday is to give ten reasons why you love something. I decided to pick reading because I’m lazy and don’t have the time to do something more specific. I was going to do Harry Potter but I talk about that too much. Reading is just easier.
1. Reading lets me enter new worlds. I love being able to pick up a book and leave my very mundane life and enter another one. It doesn’t even matter if it’s a made up place like Hogwarts or Narnia, I can get lost reading about places I’ve never been to.
2. I’ve met a lot of great people through our love of books. I don’t have a lot of friends that read IRL which is why I made my Bookstagram account and my blog. I can talk all day about books to other book lovers and not annoy anyone.
3. I learn things when I read. I read a lot of YA books but that doesn’t mean I don’t learn new things while I read them. When I read The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson it opened my eyes to a few things and I learned something that had never crossed my mind before.
4. I’m never bored when I have a book with me. I take a book everywhere with me. Well, not the bathroom. But when I go out I always take a book with me, even if I know I’ll have no time to read I still take one. I hate being bored and having nothing to do but with a book it’s always exciting to see what the characters I’m reading about will do next.
5. Trying to guess what will happen next. When I read thrillers and mysteries I like to try to figure things out before it’s all revealed. But I also love reading books where I have no clue what’s going on and the author is able to surprise me. It doesn’t happen a lot but I love it when it does.
6. Curling up with a book, warm blanket and a cup of tea/coffee. I think this is one of my favourite things to do. Especially in winter when it’s raining outside. A blanket doesn’t make much sense in summer though.
7. I love the smell of new books. A weird reason to love reading but I do love to smell new books.
8. Book mail! Book mail is the best kind of mail. I love getting books in the mail that I’ve forgotten I’ve ordered. Hasn’t happened for a while because I’m on a book buying ban but still.
9. Reading is a great way for me to relax. Sitting down after a long day with my current read always helps me relax. I try to read every day, even if I’m exhausted.
10. Discovering new worlds and genres. I’ve been reading a lot of different genres to what I read normally. Which has opened me up to more books, authors and worlds. I always like to pick up a book I don’t think I’ll like and be surprised by how much I do.
So, those are some of the reasons why I love to read. Why do you love reading?