I thought I’d do something different today. Even though I’m behind in my reviews (4 books) I wanted to do a post about the books I can’t wait to get my hands on this year! I’m not going to do them in any order. Just the way I’ve written them down.
1. Winter by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles) –
The Fairest came out last month and even though I got the eBook as soon as I could I haven’t read it yet. I have all of The Lunar Chronicles in eBooks but I think I’ll get copies of the books one day. This series is so good. I started it last year and I don’t know why it too me to long but I couldn’t put Cinder down. Then I had to get my friend to get Scarlet and Cress for her library because mine didn’t have them. Stupid me didn’t even think of getting the eBooks of them till I was looking for the novellas. I’m not putting The Fairest on this list because I already have it.
2. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – I first saw this on NetGally my request to read it was declined. I was so annoyed. By the sounds of it it’s a book I’d love to read. I’ll just have to wait. Seeing people on Instagram that have already read it make me want to read it more. I’ll definitely be looking for it when I go shopping.
3. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – I absolutely love Sarah’s other books. I’ve read all of them so I can’t wait to see what this one’s like. It sounds just as good as her Throne of Glass series. I saw on Goodreads that it says “Perfect for fans of Kristin Cashore and George R. R. Martin, this first book in a sexy and action-packed new series is impossible to put down!” I love A Song of Ice and Fire (still waiting for the next book!!) and I’ve read Kristin’s Graceling trilogy (is that what it’s called?) and I really liked it. That was recommended by a librarian. So I’m 100% sure I’ll love this too.
4. The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard) – I love Rick Riordan. I’m still reading Heroes of Olympus and I’m a bit late to the books, I first read Percy Jackson and the Olympians in 2013. Better late than never though. But, OMG, Asgard! I love Thor and Loki. I’m not sure if I want to read them in these books because I love the movies so much (never read a graphic novel, oops) but it’ll be interesting to see if he does put them in the books. Sif too, she’s badass. This book sounds really good. It’s apparently coming out in October this year. Still so far away. I’ll hopefully have finished Heroes of Olympus by then. But no promises.
5. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead – I was late to read these books too. I read both Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series last year. A friend of mine convinced me to read them and I’m so glad she did. I have to admit I love Bloodline a lot more than Vampire Academy. I can’t wait to get my hands on this book but at the same time when I’ve finished it, it’s over. Yes, I can always read the series again but if I read it as soon as I get it then it’s just done. I’m not sure what I’ll do because of all the spoilers and a lot of people I follow online will read it straight away. We’ll see.
6. Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass) – This series gets better with every book. I found Throne of Glass last year in my library and picked it up because it sounded good. Then I got Crown of Midnight and the Assassin’s Blade. Such good books. Then when Heir of Fire came out I couldn’t wait for the library to buy it so I went out and got it myself. Celaena has to be one of my favourite female characters. Queen of Shadows sounds just as good as the first four books.
7. Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes – I love these book. Percy is such a great character and I’m so glad Rick is still writing books in his POV. I read Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods last year. It was pretty funny. Percy’s take on the Gods was really good. Some of the stories are disturbing but the book was funny. I really want to read the Greek Heroes one too. I’m not sure if this is the last time Rick will write a book with Percy but I kind of hope not.
8. The Heir by Kiera Cass (The Selection) – Not only are the covers on these books amazing but the story is addictive. I just finished rereading The Selection last year (I’ll put up a review soon) and I have to get through all the library books before I can get to Elite but I really want to just pick it up now. I bought The One last year as soon as it came out but I still haven’t read it. I don’t know why but I wanted to wait till it was closer to the release of The Heir. This cover is beautiful. I love the colours and the dress. Even though I haven’t read The One yet and I know what The Heir is about I kind of figured it would end that way. I love Maxon and America. I bought The Selection and The Elite in 2013 after hearing they were being turned into a TV show. Not sure what happened with that but I’m glad it got me to read the books. I don’t even care that there’s been now show. The books are so good without it.
Lastly, I don’t actually know when this book will be published, I could be dead by then. But I’ve been waiting and waiting for The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin. It literally feels like forever ago when I finished Dances with Dragons and was like “NO!” I can’t believe I’ve been left on that cliffhanger for years now. Please, please book gods, let it come out soon!
So, they’re all the books I can think of that I can’t wait to read that aren’t out yet. I may have the year wrong on some of them but I’m not sure.
Happy reading bookworms,